Just completed the install with Squeeze RC1 with no problems.
Eucalyptus hosts its own repository for Squeeze, which makes everything much, much easier. Also the documentation is pretty good, so this part will mostly be links.
- Install the front-end cloud controller and any nodes (nodes can be added later)
- Next I suggest installing Euca2ools at the same time since you will need them anyway
- Restart the hosts
- Go to the first time setup to designate the front-end and join nodes to the pool
- You should have logged into the front-end to see the first-time settings and change the admin password. Make sure you downloaded your credentials onto the front-end machine, and you have sources the key info file.
- Now you will need an image. I suggest going to the repository and selecting one yourself to start out with.
- Once you have an image, then add it to Eucalyptus
- Make sure the service is running on the nodes: /etc/init.d/eucalyptus-nc start
- See this documentation section 4 for a quick start for an instance
That should pretty much do it without any fancy configuration options (such as elastic IPs).