If you are installing the publicly available ocfa distribution
you will not have the pre-build databases available and you will
thus need to build the digest files yourself.
The digest database files can be downloaded from http://www.nsrl.nist.gov/Downloads.htm
I have not been able to find the other accepted hash-sets for cp images. I will single a link when I find it. If you know where they are, please let me know. All I know was in the README - file name kp1.hke - cp hashset of BDE Nijmegen
- Once you have downloaded the NIST disks (currently 1 - 4, about 300MB each), you shoud verify the files, then mount the ISOs.
- In the base directory of each will be a RDS_222X.ZIP folder (where X is A - D).
- Extract the contents of RDS_222X.ZIP.
- For convenience create a folder called 'hash' to put each file in.
- In the RDS_222X folder copy the 'NSRLProd.txt' and the 'NSRLFile.txt' into your newly created 'hash' folder.
- You only need to copy 'NSRLProd.txt' once. They are they same in each ISO.
- Rename 'NSRLFile.txt' to a unique name for each. I used A.txt, B.txt, C.txt, D.txt.
- If you were not working on your local OCFA server, copy the hash folder to the server now (it will greatly speed up the processing).
- On the OCFA server navigate to the OCFA source folder (where you build ocfa from).
- From within the source folder navigate to 'OcfaModules/minimal/digest/init/'
- You should find a script called 'createshadb2.pl'
- Run the script with './createshadb2.pl'
- You should get the message:
Give sourcename,productinfo file and a list of digest files or send an end of file:
- The sourcename is 'NIST', the productinfo is the 'NSRLProd.txt' file, and the list of digest files is the 'NSRLFile.txt' files separated by a space.
- For example, using the ocfaShare described in this single, and saving my hashes in a folder called 'hash' - I would use the following command:
NIST /ocfaShare/hash/NSRLProd.txt /ocfaShare/hash/A.txt
- If everything is working the hash DB will start building. Mine took about two hours.
- Once done, copy 'adinfodb', 'digestdb' and 'proddb' from 'ocfa/OcfaModules/minimal/digest/init/' to '/usr/local/digiwash2.1/static/hashsets/'